Work Productivity [Infographic]
Read This Confession To Me
Productivity at Workplace
Getting things done at work gives a real sense of achievement plus it means that you are closer to completing a given task which ensures progress. The problem is that with so many distractions around us today, it is getting more and more difficult to stay focussed. We are living in a world that is becoming dominated by technology; we almost can’t leave a room without bringing our phones with us for fear we might miss a call, text or an email.
New work practices like Bring-Your-Own-Devices (BYOD) means that you can bring your work everywhere and while this might mean that you have the opportunity to get more done, for example on your work commute, it also brings with it a huge number of distractions. The multitude of online apps, social networks, dating platforms that we function through our devices means that we are constantly switched on to technology. Many people use their phone as a watch and an alarm clock too so it even comes to their bedside.
Being busy doesn’t denote actually achieving anything as you can be jumping from one task to another without completing anything. Structure and prioritizing tasks are ways around this but another way is to utilize some helpful apps to organize yourself and your work so you actually get substantial banks of work done.
This infographic from ERS I.T. Solutions in Ireland gives details about some really helpful apps that should assist your productivity and help you work better.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
With so many distractions, sometimes it's easy for your concentration levels to fall and your work output to suffer. There are ways to help you drive your work productivity!
As increased sense of productivity makes us feel more accomplished, organized, and in control.
DAEDALUS TOUCH is a writing app packed with top notch editing features that pout the focus on the writing, not the app.
Cost $0.99 / €0.99
SUNRISE is a calendar app. It's easy to use, visually looks nice, and integrates locations with Google Maps.
CARROT is a to-do list app. Carrot is unique in that it "gets mad" at you when you don't get the things you're supposed to do done.
Cost $2.99 / €2.99
THINGLIST is a simple place to remember things. Don't think of Thinglist as a to-dolist instead its a place to organize books you want to read, ideas to remember, people, products, and more.
INKFLOW is an app for those who think more visually. The app allows you to actually draw out ideas with the ability to export creations to PDF and JPEG formats.
Cost FREE (there are in-app purchases)
1PASSWORD helps you to never forget your passwords again. It remembers all of your passwords once you input them. They claim it is totally secure.
Cost FREE (there are in-app purchases)
HABIT LIST wants to help you form good habits. Each day you can check off a particular task you've accomplished and see how close you are to forming a habit. There's even a flexible scheduling so you don't get penalized for not doing something each day.
Cost $1.99 / €3.99
ABUKAI EXPRESS suits anyone who has to perform the mundane task of filing expense reports, because it lets you take pictures of receipts, submit them, and receive a finished report. Customization capabilities and integration with back-end financial systems makes this a really good choice.
PRODUCTIVITY @ MEETINGS
- SET A MEETING TIME LENGTH AND STICK TO IT.
- ASSIGN ONE PERSON AS CHAIR OR HEAD OF THE MEETING.
- ASSIGN ONE PERSON TO TAKE NOTES AND DO FOLLOW UPS IF REQUIRED.
- ALWAYS SET AN AGENDA AND FOLLOW IT RIGIDLY.
- SEND THE AGENDA OUT IN ADVANCE SO PEOPLE CAN PREPARE AND YOU DON'T WASTE TIME EXPLAINING THE ACTUAL AGENDA.
- THINK ABOUT HAVING A 'WALKING' MEETING IF IT'S A SMALL GROUP, FRESH AIR BREEDS PRODUCTIVITY.
- KEEP QUESTIONS TO THE END.
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- Getting things done at work gives a real sense of achievement plus it means that you are closer to completing a given task which ensures progress.
- We are living in a world that is becoming dominated by technology; we almost can’t leave a room without bringing our phones with us for fear we might miss a call, text or an email.
- New work practices like Bring-Your-Own-Devices (BYOD) means that you can bring your work everywhere and while this might mean that you have the opportunity to get more done.
- The multitude of online apps, social networks, dating platforms that we function through our devices means that we are constantly switched on to technology.