Successful People [Infographic]
According to the Dictionary, success is the accomplishment of an aim or purpose; the attainment of popularity or profit; a person or thing that achieves desired aims or attains prosperity. Success is the pathway to the goal and the goal itself.
What does it take for people to be successful? What is success? How do people become successful? How long does it take for people to become successful? When do people know they are successful? What do successful people do correctly?
People define their own success and success could mean a number of things from establishing a family, owning a big house, having a car, a dog, or acquiring lots of money, achieving a supervisor position, or a boss position at a company, owning a business, or being able to have made enough money so that one no longer has to work, to just having and holding a job, or maybe winning the lottery. Others may consider success just being able to afford and eat a meal at least once a day, to earning a few dollars a day just to be able to live on throughout the week. Success may even be defined as happiness, which is a whole other definition of meanings, with the most prominent definition, defined as: feeling or showing pleasure or contentment. There are so many definitions of success that success cannot truly be measured unless success is defined by the individual that wishes to obtain it and sets the goal to achieve it. What “it” (success) actually is could mean and be many things to many people. Happiness and success are very subjective terms that a dictionary nor can one individual really define.
How people achieve success is completely up to what they want and what they are attempting to obtain. The methods by which they obtain success vary from earning it, inheriting it, winning it, fighting for it, working for it, feeling as if they already have it, and possibly even the willingness to die for it. Regardless of the definition of success, everyone has their own means of achieving success and their own definitions of what success is.
This infographic explains what successful people do differently.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
12 Things Successful People Do Differently
- They create and pursue S.M.A.R.T. GOALS.
- They take decisive and immediate action.
- They focus on being productive, not being busy.
- They make logical, informed decisions.
- They avoid the trap of trying to make things perfect.
- They work outside their comfort zone.
- They keep things simple.
- They focus on making small continuous improvements.
- They measure and track their progress.
- They maintain positive outlook as they learn from mistakes.
- They spend time with the right people.
- They maintain balance in their life.
Matthew Gates is a freelance web designer and currently runs Confessions of the Professions.
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- According to the Dictionary, success is the accomplishment of an aim or purpose; the attainment of popularity or profit; a person or thing that achieves desired aims or attains prosperity.
- There are so many definitions of success that success cannot truly be measured unless success is defined by the individual that wishes to obtain it and sets the goal to achieve it.
- Regardless of the definition of success, everyone has their own means of achieving success and their own definitions of what success is.