Social Marketing Trends 2016 [Infographic]
Trends for 2016 in Social Marketing
As we have entered into 2016 and there are so many changes that will be in Social Marketing, we have reviewed the changes that have happened across the social marketing world in 2015, in particular social media. To give you the details of what to expect in social marketing going into 2016 and how to start Social Marketing, Allahabadi Kart have listed the data into infographic that have complete information about the Social Marketing Trend and how to start social media optimization in 2016.
In this infographic you will see how to use video, with videos averaging 62% more engagement than images. There has been a 43% increment in video sharing at the start of this year and the importance of content is highlighted. To optimize a website, you will need to increase link-ability of the content. We all know that engagement is king for Social Media. Social media searches are also going to become more powerful than 2015. Making readable content and clearly defining tags is very important for search engines and marketability. Tagging posts, whether you write on Medium.com, Tumblr, Pinterest, or run your own blog posts on WordPress.com or on your own personal website, it is extremely important for discoverability and categorization on social media optimization (SMO) and search engine optimization (SEO).
When you share something, it is always best to know who your target audience is in order to save money, time, and to maximize your efforts for your brand and your product.
This infographic covers much more about Social Marketing in 2016.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
Social Marketing Trend 2016
- The use of video content is increased by 73% over the last year. Expect that number to continue to increase as more & more platforms prioritize video sharing
- 90% of businesses use content in their social marketing strategy
- Interesting content is one of the top three reasons people follow brands on social media
Increase in ad spending
- With social media platforms moving away from real time news feeds, it is harder to get promotional content to followers. This will cause an increase in social media advertising in 2016
- 60% of social media time is spent not on a desktop computer, but on a smartphone or tablet
Engagement is King
- Engagement is more than getting likes, retweets, and sharing
- Engagement should be about conversing with your audience so they feel a stronger relation with you
- Consumers who are engaged with a brand online are 50% more likely to buy and recommend
- Email continues to have a much higher engagement rate than social media
Tips to Start Social Media Optimization (SMO)
Social Media Optimization is the method of social media activity that attracts more visitors to a website through an elevated search rank. Social Media Optimization based on contents, videos, words, links, images, etc.
Here are a few tips for you to make top class Social Media Optimization (SMO)
- Define Objectives & Set Goals For Social Media
- It is important to know your desired outcome at your start - for example, reputation, influence, sales, credibility, traffic, page views, etc.
- Increase Link-Ability
- To optimize a website for social media, you need to increase the web link-ability of the content. Adding a blog in your website is a great step, however, there are many other ways such as creating white papers and thought pieces, or even simply aggregating content that exists elsewhere into a useful format.
- Make Readable Content & Tag Your Content, So It Moves Faster
- Content that is easy to view through short links (video files, PDFs, and audio files), travels further and is more traceable in proving it is driving users ultimately to your website. Make sure blog pages include a list of relevant tags.
- Reward Helpful and Valuable Influencers on Social Media
- You should share the content of the people who are sharing your content. It is both a smart and sincere way to raise your post visibility.
- Know Who And How To Target
- It is very important to know who and how to target as there is always going to be a certain audience you can appeal to and others that you can't. Listen and analyze your audience to find out who is engaging with you and take the learning to build your audience.
If you enjoyed this confession story, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- As we have entered into 2016 and there are so many changes that will be in Social Marketing, we have reviewed the changes that have happened across the social marketing world (in 2015), in particular social media.
- Engagement is the king for social media marketing and content is king for social media sharing.
- Social media searches are also going to become more powerful than 2015.
- When you share something, it is always best to know who your target audience is in order to save money, time, and to maximize your efforts for your brand and your product.