Shipping and Packing Tips for Business Gifts [Infographic]
Top Shipping & Packing Tips For Business Gifts
Businesses always look for the best ways to keep their customers happy. Nothing can beat the importance of gift giving when it comes to keeping long term relationships with your loyal customers. But what would happen when the gift you have sent to a happy customer got damages during transit? You would surely never want this to happen ever. Here are some great packing and shipping tips that can be used for business gifts:
- Remove old shipping labels:
Often we use old boxes to ship new goods and forget to remove the old shipping labels. It can create confusion and probably shipping services provider will send it to wrong location. So it is always advisable to remove those old labels.
- Secure the main box with another box:
This is very common and you should always keep it in mind. The main box in which your item has been kept should be secured using another box. Apart from this, you should also use bubble wraps for cushioning.
- Use high quality tape:
Avoid masking tape and only use the high quality plastic tape for fastening parcels.
Below infographic, created by Globe Packaging, provides you some great tips for packing and shipping the business gifts.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
TOP SHIPPING AND PACKING TIPS FOR BUSINESS GIFTS
Gifts are a great way of keeping good relation with your existing as well as potential customers. But what would happen if the business gift that you sent to the customer broke and crushed and got damaged beyond recognition? You would never have wanted that to happen that the client would open a box of broken mess.
Here are some great packing and shipping tips for business gifts as well as for goods that need shipping:
- Make sure of removing old labels of shipping
- Many of us reuse old shipping boxes for packing new goods in them. It is recommended to remove the barcodes and old shipping labels from the boxes as that might lead to confusion for the courier company and they might send the parcel to the wrong place.
- H taping method
- While parceling a gift item in a box, ensure that it is duly fastened from all sides. And for that using the H Taping method really helps. Just apply tape on the sides of the box and one from the center, resembling the alphabet 'H'. For irregular shape boxes or other containers, just tape the edges so that there are no open seams.
- Get packing boxes from shippers for free
- Free packaging supplies and boxing facilities are available with all leading shippers and courier companies. The content which is being sent, the weight, the shape, and other things will decide if you can get free boxes for packaging. Envelopes and mailers are also offered for small and non-fragile items.
- Secure the main box within another box
- For sending extremely fragile items, you need to be extra careful. And for this, there is no better way than packing the box within another box. Not only this, arrange for insulation and padding around the main box so that no pressure can reach to the item inside the main box. Use bubble wraps or loose fill peanuts for cushioning.
- Use high quality strong tape for fastening parcel
- The tape that is used for fastening a shipping parcel need to be of high quality. Reinforced paper tape and plastic tapes are great packaging materials UK in this regard. Avoid masking tapes and cellophane tapes at all costs.
- Shipping baked goods and cookies
- Baked goods and cookies can be excellent gifts at personal and professional levels. It is suggested to pack such items in food containers first and then pack the same in packaging boxes.
- Beware of smudged ink for newspaper cushioning
- Newspaper is a frugal method of adding cushion to a package. However, beware that the ink from the newspaper does not get smudged and get into other materials that are in contact with it. Add a layer of plastic after newspaper insulation to keep it 100% safe.
- Provide labels on things inside the package
Usually people put a business card or label on the packaging box surface. But what would happen if by chance that gets damaged or torn during the process? For this, provide the same labels on the contents inside the package so that even if the first layer is destroyed, delivering the content is not difficult as the details are available inside.
- Check holiday schedules
- Make sure that you check international and local holiday schedules for the place where the gift is being sent. Courier companies will not deliver items on such days. So plan accordingly and dispatch the parcels keeping the dates in mind.
- Use tracking services of the courier company well
- Majority of shippers and courier companies now offer tracking services for customers so that they know the status of their consignment. Use the airway bill number and track your parcel.
If you enjoyed this confession story, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- Keeping your customers happy is a top priority when it comes to delivering their packages to the destination safely.
- Nothing can beat the importance of gift giving when it comes to keeping long term relationships with your loyal customers.
- Often we use old boxes to ship new goods and forget to remove the old shipping labels, which creates confusion and the packagemay end up in the wrong location.
- The main box in which your item has been kept should be secured using another box.
- Avoid masking tape and only use the high quality plastic tape for fastening parcels.