Should You Outsource Your Data Entry? [Infographic]
Read This Confession To Me
Outsourcing Data Entry To Free Up Time
Businesses have to juggle multiple tasks and processes to keep their business up and running on a daily basis. While it has been a common practice to manage these tasks internally, many of these can actually be outsourced to an outside service provider in order to save time and money. These tasks include crucial backend jobs that are tedious in nature and use little real-time decision making, such as data-entry.
Data entry is one of the basic tasks needed in order for the business to come up with an accurate resource which will be used in the decision-making process. However, this type of work is also so tiresome that in fact, it’s one of the most boring jobs in the world.
That said, keeping your data entry job in-house will not only keep you from doing more important tasks that can bring revenue in your business, but it can also risk the overall morale of your employees. To help you find out if outsourcing is the best way for your business, here are the key takeaways from the infographic below from Global Outsourcing which discuss the different rationale for outsourcing your business’ data-entry job today.
- Are your operating costs on the rise?
- Is your business equipped with the necessary skills and tools for the job?
- Are you efficient in data management?
- Are your employees motivated for the task at hand?
- Do you spend too much on data entry?
To learn more, check out the infographic below.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
SHOULD YOU OUTSOURCE YOUR DATA ENTRY?
Here are 5 Questions To Ask!
People, money, infrastructure, equipment, and customers - these are just some of the most important assets that a company must strive to protect and allow to flourish in order to achieve success in business.
But aside from those, there is one important resource that you should never underestimate the value of in your business: Data.
When properly done, an efficient and accurate data entry management program can open up new opportunities for business.
However, it is an extremely time-consuming and meticulous task. This is why data-intensive industries like retail, accounting, finance, manufacturing, medical, and telecommunications, regularly outsource this particular task to outsourcing agencies in order to retain focus on more important tasks and maintain their overall productivity.
If your business is facing some challenges regarding data entry, then worry no more. In this infographic, Global Outsourcing will present to you the five questions you should ask yourself before outsourcing your data entry jobs to an offshore outsourcing firm today.
1. Are Your Operating Costs On The Rise?
- If you are spending too much time on having an in-house data entry clear to do the job, then it's a sign that you should outsource this task today.
- If you are operating in a highly competitive environment, hiring an experienced data entry operator can cost your business significantly.
- Aside from the hiring cost, you also incur costs for additional office space and furniture, as well as buying new computers and software for them to do the job effectively.
- If you are working with limited resources, it makes sense to allocate that money to more important parts of your business.
- Outsourcing your data entry tasks to offshore outsourcing firms can help you reduce your operational cost and avoid the overhead costs related to keeping a data entry operator in-house.
2. Is Your Business Equipped With The Necessary Skills And Tools For The Job?
- When your business is constantly losing its track on data entry tasks, then you should ask yourself if you really do have the right skills and tools to dot he job.
- Though data entry may seem like a simple task at first, the overwhelming amount of data can easily catch you off-guard, and lack of skills and technical knowledge can jeopardise the quality of your data.
- If investing time and money to fully master this specific task is not a priority of your business, then outsourcing is definitely your way to go.
3. Are You Efficient In Data Management?
- Data quality problems often result from different causes such as poor database consolidation and inefficient data conversion processes.
- These two are known to be the most problematic areas of data management, but more often than not, small businesses often produce poor quality data due to errors in manual data entry.
- Not having the right tools and skills in the first place increases the chance of making mistakes during a manual data entry. A single error during this process will certainly give you low-quality results which could immensely impact the decision you will be making for your business.
- If you want to avoid these errors and get high-quality output, outsourcing your data entry tasks to experts is the most appropriate solution for you.
4. Are Your Employees Motivated For The Task At Hand?
- As stated earlier, data entry jobs can be very repetitive and boring. In fact, a recent study showed that 7 out of 10 people who work in support function, such as data entry, are bored with their job.
- The repetitive nature of this dull daily task is the reason why most employees don't enjoy completing these tasks and results start to decrease.
- Once you notice that your employees are avoiding this tedious task, it is high time for you to outsource this work to an outsourcing provider who's really dedicated tot the task.
- Doing so will allow your employees to be more productive by spending more time on more creative tasks.
5. Do You Spend Too Much Time On Data Entry?
- Although important, data entry is just one of the building blocks of your business which you can safely delegate to an agency so that you can remain focused on more crucial components of your business.
- Not only will outsourcing this job ensure the accuracy of your data, it will allow you to spend more time on your core business functions such as Sales, Marketing, or Customer Service.
- As a result, you can be confident that the data you are using in your decision-making process is accurate, while at the same you will remain competitive in the market.
These are just some of the few questions that you should consider when thinking of outsourcing your data entry tasks. By outsourcing your data entry tasks today, you will be able to get the most out of your valuable data, save significant money, and boost your productivity, and competitiveness in the long run.
Created and Designed by:
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- Businesses have to juggle multiple tasks and processes to keep their business up and running on a daily basis.
- While it has been a common practice to manage these tasks internally, many of these can actually be outsourced to an outside service provider in order to save time and money.
- Data entry is one of the basic tasks needed in order for the business to come up with an accurate resource which will be used in the decision-making process.
- Keeping your data entry job in-house will not only keep you from doing more important tasks that can bring revenue in your business.