Andrew Dennis https://getvoip.com 1m 269
MyPost: create beautiful simple web pages in minutes with just a few clicks!
The Daily Dot Store: the leading destination for stylish accessories, gadgets, everyday carry essentials & more!
Place a Text Link on this Confession ONLY
Read This Confession To Me
Successful Leaders On How To Have Efficient Meetings
Did you know that $37 billion is lost annually to unproductive meetings?
This is an exorbitant amount of money (and time) wasted on ineffective meetings. However, this also means that your business can regain some of this lost revenue by simply improving the efficiency of your meetings.
First and foremost, you need to immediately do away with any unnecessary meetings. To determine whether or not a meeting is needed, just ask yourself the following questions:
- Do we need to make a group decision?
- Do we need to brainstorm as a group?
- Do we need to strategize or plan for upcoming events, quarters, promotions, etc.?
- Do we need to compile a team report?
If you don’t answer yes to at least one of these questions, then you are probably better served to meet one-on-one with someone or make a decision yourself.
If you’ve established that a meeting is necessary, there are also some best practices you can follow to ensure your meeting runs smoothly and effectively. GetVoIP has put together a guide that highlights these tips, including:
- Using an agenda
- Being selective when inviting attendees
- Designating a facilitator to lead the discussion
- Establishing ground rules for communication and meeting behavior
- Focusing on completing tasks rather than worrying about meeting timeframes
Ending the meeting with a synopsis of the takeaways
Following these best practices will lead to more effective and efficient meetings.
Check out the infographic below to learn more about these tips as well as some pointers on meetings from famous leaders.
Click to open / Right-click for save options