MyPost: create beautiful simple web pages in minutes with just a few clicks!
The Daily Dot Store: the leading destination for stylish accessories, gadgets, everyday carry essentials & more!
Place a Text Link on this Confession ONLY
Read This Confession To Me
Wedding To Remember
It is all about picking the right alternative. It is all about choosing a simple thing which would make you stand out in the crowd. Here are a few alternatives thought by Daffodil Hotel and Spa depicted in an form of infographic.
- Why do you need to spend a lot of money on designer envelope? You can create your own customized designer envelopes simply by taking copies of a romantic picture of you and your special one and sticking it on the envelope.
- You need not spend thousands of dollars on choosing a fancy wedding card. You can create a message in the bottle style wedding card, where all you need in a glass bottle, cork and a paper with invitation. To add more style, you can add some shells, sand, rocks or other things that would match your venue.
- A lighting effect would take a large chunk of your money. You can create lighting effect by handing tea lights from a jam jar from the branches of a tree and have an outdoor wedding.
- Instead of spending a considerable amount of money on flowers, you can make a bouquet out of an old book.
- You can use bubbles as confetti or even dried herbs
Click to open / Right-click for save options
CRAFT A WEDDING TO REMEMBER
Adding small touches to your wedding with your own arts and craft skills can turn a memorable day into a magical event.
Creating a beautiful invitation
The wedding invitation is your first chance to add a personal touch to your special day. Let’s make a good first impression!
- PERSONAL ENVELOPE LINING
- Find a picture for your envelope’s lining.
- Trim the picture so it mirrors the shape of the flap.
- Glue the picture to the envelope.
- Leave to dry.
- MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE
- Find your preferred style of bottle.
- Write/type your message.
- Roll up the message and tie with string or ribbon.
- Insert message into the bottle along with any other additions.
Adding magical decorations
- BUNTING: Personalized bunting can make any venue yours for the day.
- Decorate the card to suit you/venue.
- Punch holes into the card.
- Loop your rope through the cards making sure you have lots of excess at either end.
- Tie/pin the rope to a secure surface.
- LIGHTING: If you want your guests to spend some time outside, why don’t you use jar lighting to create a Midsummer Night’s Dream effect?
- Place tea lights into the jam jars.
- Find/buy some wire and cut into 40cm long pieces.
- Create a small loop about a third of the way along.
- Wrap the remaining wire around the jam jar.
- Twist the wire around each other at the opposite side of the jam jar to the loop.
- Trim one end of the wire with pliers.
- Make a handle shape with the remaining long end.
- Wrap the end of the handle around the loop and trim.
- BOOK PAGE FLOWERS: Is the bride a bit of a book worm?
- Find a book you never want to read again (obviously) and cut out 10 cm squares.
- Fold diagonally to make a triangle, then fold again into a smaller triangle.
- Then cut the triangle into a snow cone like shape and snip off the bottom by 1 cm.
- When you unfold the paper it should look like a flower.
- Next, cut 1 petal out of the first flower, then 2 petals out of the next flower and 3 petals out of the third.
- Pull the flower together and glue in place.
- Once dry, roll back the petals.
- Repeat with other flowers then stick them together.
- Largest on the outside to smallest in the middle.
- Now, glue a stalk of your choosing to the inside of the flower.
- Repeat these steps to create a full bouquet.
For your first steps as MAN & WIFE
- Confetti isn’t the only thing you can use to celebrate the ceremony… Why not use something more personal?
- PAPER AEROPLANES
- DRIED PETALS
Quirky wedding favours everyone will love
The key to a memorable wedding favour is making it relate to the theme of the wedding or to YOU!
Brought to you by:
THE DAFFODIL HOTEL & SPA BY THE LAKE, GRASMERE