MyPost: create beautiful simple web pages in minutes with just a few clicks!
The Daily Dot Store: the leading destination for stylish accessories, gadgets, everyday carry essentials & more!
Place a Text Link on this Confession ONLY
Read This Confession To Me
Many businesses today struggle as they try to compete for consumer attention amidst a virtual barrage of media advertising from their competitors. Choosing the right colors for your advertising, logo, and brand packaging can go a long way toward generating interest in your business from consumers. Colors send subtle and at times subconscious, socially ingrained messages to your audience that can affect the way they think about your company.
Blue is the color of dependability and loyalty and is frequently employed by banks and financial corporations. High-end retailers typically utilize black or rich colors like burgundy and violet to signify the luxuriousness of their products. Green is universally the color of eco-friendliness and is ideal for any business targeting an environment-minded audience. To many consumers, orange symbolizes the values of fairness and loyalty.
Keep the psychology of color in mind, because when you are marketing your business, every advantage counts.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
- Peaceful, tranquil, color of the sky and the ocean
- Can also be cold and depressing
- Causes the body to produce calming chemicals
- Color of royalty, luxury, wealth, and sophistication
- Feminine and romantic
- Rare in nature, so it can appear artificial
- Calming, refreshing, symbolizes nature
- Easiest color on the eye and can improve vision
- People waiting to appear on TV sit in “green rooms” to relax
- Authority and Power
- Implies submission. Priests wear black to signify submission to God
- Black outfits can make the wearer seem aloof or evil
- Innocence and purity
- Light, neutral, and goes with everything
- Doctors and nurses wear white to imply sterility
- Cheerful, sunny, attention getter
- Optimistic, but people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms
- Enhances concentration and speeds metabolism
- Solid, reliable, color of earth, abundant in nature
- Light brown implied genuineness
- Can be sad and wistful
- Romantic, tranquilizing
- Sports team sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy
- The most emotionally intense color
- Stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing
- Color of love
- Red cars are popular targets for thieves
Food For Thoughts
Blue is one of the most popular colors but one of the least appetizing
Blue is rare in nature. When humans searched for food, they learned to avoid toxic or spoiled objects, which were often blue, black, or purple.
When food dyed blue is served to study subjects, they lose appetite.
Red is often used in restaurant decorating schemes because it is an appetite stimulant.
Green – Brown – Red are the most popular food colors.
Phrases that relate to color:
Red Are you blue with misery today? Gray Orange
Black With Depair? Pink Yellow White with shock?
Blue Green with envy? Purple Green Yellow with fear? Red
Indigo Red with embarrassment? Black Green
Or just plain purple with rage? Red Blue Orange
Color Influence on Attractiveness
A study found women hitch hikers that wore red solicited a higher response in the number of male drivers that stopped to offer a ride.
25 men were shown a photo of a woman made to look like she was wearing RED or WHITE.
She was thought to have more interest in sex while wearing red compared to white.
Women are attracted to men wearing blue.
Men are attracted to women ink pink-peach
- Flattering to most skin tones
- Gives you a healthy glow
- Projects a little vulnerability which brings out something protective in men
Did you know that colors may are strategically placed to influence your spending?
- The signature of color of sophistication
- Dominates high-end makeup packaging and can make inexpensive blushes and lipstick seem more upscale
- Trust and dependability
- Patrons are 15% more likely to return to stores with blue color schemes than to those with orange color schemes
- Rich and refined (think red wine)
- Used to attract eco-minded clients
- Whole Foods Market
- Fairness and affordability
- The Home Depot
- A sweet, calming color
- Feeling relaxed can make spending easier
- Victoria’s Secret
- Like a stop sign, a red placard can make consumers hit the brakes
- It serves as an alarm, triggering more careful consideration
- Big in the beauty industry, especially anti-aging products
- Purple reminds us of royalty, so a purple box can help persuade consumers that the product has special properties, worth they high price
- Simplicity and purity
- 75% of top skin-care brands are packaged in white
- Modernity and Honesty
- Evokes energy and increases appetite
- A mainstay at fast-food restaurants
Museum Quality Screenprinting
Created by Coastal Printworks, provider of provides Museum Quality T-Shirt Screen-Printing, Digital T-Shirt Printing and embroidery.