Christmas Drinks [Infographic]
We Love To Drink! We Love Drinks!
We Love Drinking at Christmas Time!
What do you drink at Christmas time? Frankly, we love our eggnog and alcohol. The Puerto Rican eggnog, also known as Coquito adds something special to our holidays, and while it may be dangerous to drink it throughout the year, if you are watching your weight, we tend to excuse ourselves during the holidays and indulge. If you like eggnog, and think eggnog cannot get any sweeter, Coquito is a drink of the angels. The Puerto Rican angels, that is. It is blissfully whipped to perfection with every sip. Making it takes some time, but it is easy when you have all the ingredients. It gets dangerous because once you start... you will want to drink Coquito all the time.
Coke and rum is still a favorite of ours to sip on during some nice holiday television. Easy to make, easy to be fulfilled, and easy to become relaxed and drunk if you prefer.
We also cannot forget our wonderful gingerbread White Russian, with a milky sweet cinnamon flavour.
Want something sweet and slightly fruity? Apple Cider Shandy!
Want something hot and alcoholic? Guinness, Whiskey, and Baileys Hot Chocolate! Don't forget the marshmallows!
If all else fails, you could turn to delicious Red or White wine for the evening!
Or one of these 12 Christmas drinks presented in the infographic below!
We love our alcohol and we know you do too!
Please drink responsibly and have a wonderful holiday season!
Click to open / Right-click for save options
The 12 Drinks of Christmas
A Day Christmas Drinking Guide
Christmas is a time for indulgence, and our 12 Drinks of Christmas will guide you through the day. From bubbly in the morning, to wine over dinner, and a naughty night cap our guide has every Christmas drink you need.
Kick off your Christmas Day with your daily caffeine boost, but to make things extra special add a little kick.
COFFEE WITH A KICK
Into our coffee add any of the following:
- Irish Whiskey
- Scotch Whisky
- Bailey's Cream Liquor
Perk yourself up with this fruity spin on a classic!
Pour into an ice filled highball glass:
- 50ml Kamm & Sons Ginseng Spirit
- 150ml yellow tomato juice
- 6 dashes of green Tabasco
- 15ml lemon juice
- A touch of horseradish
- A pinch of celery salt and some salt
OPENING THE PRESENTS
Toast to the season of giving with a beautiful Bellini in your hand!
- Liquify two peaches with a tablespoon each of lemon juice and sugar
- Press the mixture through a sieve and place 2 tablespoons of the peach puree into a Champagne glass and top with Prosecco.
PRE DINNER FIZZ
Celebrate the season in style with a refreshing champagne cocktail!
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 drops Angostura bitters
- 30ml cognac
- Chilled Champagne (or sparking wine)
In a Champagne glass drop bitters on a sugar cube, let soak, add cognac, top with Champagne and serve!
Sit down together and share a bottle of delicious wine over dinner.
WINING AND DINING
To match the richness of a Christmas dinner these grape varieties are perfectly paired:
|Red Wines||White Wines|
|Pinot Noir||Sauvignon Blanc|
Off-set the traditional, fruity Christmas pudding with some fruity, sweet dessert wines.
DELICIOUS DESSERT WINE
To wash down your fruity dessert enjoy a glass of these perfectly paired wines:
- Pink champagne
PULLING THE CRACKERS
After having your fill of Christmas dinner enjoy a tipple that will help your digestion.
In a tall glass combine with ice the following ingredients:
- 15ml Creme de Menthe
- 15ml Bailey's Cream Liqueur
- 15ml Cacao Cream
POST DINNER PICK ME UP
Avoid the post dinner slump by adding some caffeine to perk yourself up.
Shake in a cocktail shaker:
- A shot of vodka
- A shot of coffee liquor
- A shot of cold espresso
- A shot of creme de cacao
Pour into a glass while it's still foamy and garnish with a whole coffee bean.
RELAXING EVENING TIPPLE
Settle into the evening with a heart-warming toddy.
HOT APPLE TODDY
In a saucepan heat:
- 150ml pressed apple juice
- 20ml sugar syrup
- 25ml lemon juice
- 4 cloves
- A cinnamon stick
- Add 50ml Drambuie to a teacup or handled latte glass, then strain in the warm apple juice mixture.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a fresh cinnamon stick.
INJECT SOME ENERGY INTO THE EVENING
Add a dash of fun into the evening activities with a tasty Tom Collins.
Add to an ice filled tall glass, or get creative with a beautiful balloon glass:
- 60ml gin
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- Top with a splash of soda and serve with a wedge of lemon or a sprig of rosemary
LATE EVENING SWEET FIX
Satisfy that sweet tooth with a late evening treat.
- Pour equal parts each of Goldschlager and butterscotch shnapps into a shaker with ice.
- Shake mixture and strain into a martini glass
- Pour Irish cream over the top
Send yourself off to sleep with a soothing, milky drink.
In a tumbler glass mix all the following ingredients with ice:
- 60ml Chocolate Milk
- 15ml coffee liqueur
- 15ml amaretto
- Splash of grenadine
If you enjoyed this confession story, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- What do you drink at Christmas time? Frankly, we love our eggnog and alcohol.
- If you like eggnog, and think eggnog cannot get any sweeter, Coquito is a drink of the angels.
- Coke and rum is still a favorite of ours to sip on during some nice holiday television.
- We also cannot forget our wonderful gingerbread White Russian, with a milky sweet cinnamon flavour.
- Want something sweet and slightly fruity? Apple Cider Shandy!
- Want something hot and alcoholic? Guinness, Whiskey, and Baileys Hot Chocolate! Don't forget the marshmallows!