Business Card Networking Tips [Infographic]
How To Create A Business Card Your Prospects Will Keep and Use
Many things have been said about the end of the traditional business card, but the truth is that even today, with the increasing popularity of mobile apps that help people quickly exchange contact information, hundreds of millions of business cards are still printed annually around the globe.
In the infographic we share today, you will learn several tips that will make your business card more effective.
We start with a short rationale on the usefulness of the traditional business card. Then, you will learn why you should always include your phone number on your card and how to craft a professional email address that will help you create a positive first impression. In the next section, we will help you decide whether or not you need a QR code on your card. Whether to include it or not will depend on your target market. Next, there is a list of the most common mistakes to avoid before you send your business card design to the printer. Finally, we conclude with a summary of the most important points touched upon in the infographic.
If you use the tips in this infographic, you will increase the odds that your prospects will keep your business card and eventually will call you to know more about your services or products.
Take a look at our infographic below for more helpful tips on business card management and networking.
Feel free to visit our website for more information on Business Cards & Networking.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
BUSINESS CARD & MARKETING TIPS
ARE BUSINESS CARDS REALLY USEFUL IN TODAY'S DIGITAL AGE?
Hi! Here are some interesting data:
Billions of business cards are printed worldwide every year.
Small businesses account for more than half of the sales in the United States. The great majority of these small business owners use business cards.
With a beautiful and high-quality business card you tell others how much you care about your business relationships.
You can create a positive and memorable first impression on your prospects. You increase the odds they will remember you, your products, and your services.
Hope this convinced you that business cards are still essential if you want to build a profitable business. Good Luck :)
WHY YOUR BUSINESS CARD SHOULD HAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER
Phone calls give a personal touch to the business relationship you are building.
Not everyone has Internet access all the time.
Your prospects may not use computers regularly or they may not know how to contact you online.
Some of your customers may prefer to communicate with you via SMS or Whatsapp..
Tips for Choosing a Professional
You generally need only one email address on your business card. ✓
Create a custom email address using your custom domain @company.com. ✓
Choose a personalized email address, such as email@example.com. ✓
Include a compelling call to action to invite people to contact you: Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org. ✓
Select a typeface that is easy to read. ✓
Place it in a prominent location on your card. ✓
Make it stand out from the rest of the content. ✓
A QR CODE FOR YOUR BUSINESS CARD?
ARE YOU SURE?
QR codes are mostly used by young tech-savy entrepreneurs. if you know your client seldom use their smart phones, then don't include a QR code.
- Check the business cards you have recently collected.
- Do your contacts use QR codes?
- If 20% of them have a QR code, then include on on your card.
- Otherwise, leave the QR code out.
TOP BUSINESS CARD MISSTEPS TO AVOID
- There are typos and contact information is missing.
- There is too much text.
- You are not using the back side of your card.
- Contents seem to be added at random.
- You use too many colors and fonts.
- Colors do not match your other marketing materials.
- Your business card looks more like a flyer.
- Traditional business cards and digital Internet developments are becoming complementary. Both, business cards and smartphones, are essential in today's business world.
- If your customers or prospects want to talk to you, it is best to have your phone number on your business card. Phone calls will help you build a more personal relationship with your customers and clients.
- An email on your ubsiness card is a must in today's digitally connected world. Always include your email address on your business card because people rely on it.
- With a QR code on your business card, you will encourage prospects to contact you immediately after you exchange business cards. But, remember that first you need to understand your target market and how these trendy QR codes fit into the general strategy of your business.
- If your business cards are thrown away the same day you give them out, chances are it has to do with poor design elements. Check the list above to see the most common mistakes you should avoid.
LEARN MORE TIPS ON OUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO BUSINESS CARDS
created by allBcards.com
Your Free Online Business Card Manager
If you enjoyed this confession, make sure you subscribe to the Confessions RSS feed!
You can also follow Confessions on Twitter.
You can also subscribe to the Weekly Confessions Digest.
- A traditional business card will have a professional design complete with company name, company address, your name, a contact phone number, and a company email address.
- Avoid common mistakes on business cards such as misspelled words, wrong information, or missing information.
- Collect a few business cards and see if they contain QR codes. If more than 20% contain a QR code, feel free to add a QR code.