MyPost: create beautiful simple web pages in minutes with just a few clicks!
The Daily Dot Store: the leading destination for stylish accessories, gadgets, everyday carry essentials & more!
Place a Text Link on this Confession ONLY
Read This Confession To Me
Helping Your Employees Deal With Stress
Stress in the workplace is unavoidable. Everyday there are no issues and tasks that need to be completed that will cause stress to pop up. Employees who are less stressed tend to take off less time from work and are usually more productive than highly stressed employees. If you don’t try to work with your stress, it can lead to low productivity, being irritated easily and not performing up to your capabilities. Many people may not have the tools or knowledge on how to de-stress themselves so the company has to take it upon themselves to help their employees.
Keeping stress out of the workplace can cost companies lots of money. Not all companies have the resources for on-site massage services and unlimited time off to keep their employees stress levels low. Fortunately, there are a number of simple and effective alternatives to help reduce the amount of stress that is caused by your workplace. There are many different ways to cope with stress, with many of these techniques being free and quick to complete.
Check out and use this guide below for a number of ideas to help both yourself and your employees find relief from everyday workplace stress.
Click to open / Right-click for save options
10 ways to distress your employees
According to the American Institute of stress, job stress costs U.S. Businesses more than $300 billion annually. What steps can your organization take to alleviate employee stress?
- Step away from the screen. Frequently using a computer without brakes can further increase the risk of stress. Whether 5 minutes or 15, encourage employees to take regular breaks from their computers.
- Create a social atmosphere. Employees spend a lot of time with their co-workers. The more they enjoy it, the happier the workplace will be. Setting aside time during the week for employees to come together as a great morale booster for the entire office.
- Lead employees and stress relief activities. Meditation is relax and, but what scientists are also discovering is that meditation actually rewires the body to stress less. I can also help your employees boost cognitive function and reduce anxiety.
- Get up and walk away from your desk. Go get some coffee or water, make copies, or schedule a walk around the block. A 15 minute break and reduce any stress that may have built up during the work day.
- Sitting all day can lead to stiff muscles and, worse, disease. Schedule time for your employees to stretch it out. With millions of videos and articles online, you can quickly send your employees short stretching tutorials.
- Open Your Door. There is nothing worse than being kept in the dark, especially in regards to your job. Keep your team abreast of the latest developments and departmental changes. Open communication between Senior Management and employees is important as well. Share your organization’s overall business goals, policies, and provide direction, build trust and respect, and reduce stress.
- Communicate with your employees. Accessibility and an open line of communication Fosters a sense of security and support. When stress is high, let your employees know that they can stop by with any workplace concerns. Then, work with your employee to pinpoint the cause and create a plan to relieve pressure.
- Offer healthy snacks.Stress eating doesn’t have to be all bad. There are certain foods that “truly comfort inncom for healthy stress relief.” make sure you stock healthy snacks throughout the office!
- Be flexible. Workplace flexibility can have a dramatic impact on stress. It can reduce commute times, provide better work-life balance and even allow employees to ensure they have quiet time for work. If possible, let your employees adopt a flexible work schedule.
- If your organization is experiencing stressful situations like open enrollment or other Peak.S, growth, customer responsiveness, attrition, or system conversions, The Jacobson group can help. Our rapid response project teams are comprised of insurance experts with the experience necessary to quickly step in and support your critical business needs. Let Jacobs and relieve your stress.
Infographic provided by The Jacobson Group